Hello friends! We have a fun contest for you! We are going to record a concert very soon, and we’d like to have some audience members to sing for. Since there is a limit on the number of people who can gather together right now, we thought it would be fun to have a contest to pick a few VIPs who can be in the space with us when we record the show.
So, here’s how it works. We recorded ourselves singing the backup harmonies for 1 verse of The Lion Sleeps Tonight. You watch that video and record yourself singing the melody. Then you send us that video, and you’re entered to win! (The video is down below)
Send your video to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. It will probably be too large to add as an e-mail attachment, so we suggest using something like a Dropbox link or a file transfer system like WeTransfer.com. You could also use Google Drive, but make certain there are no permission barriers with the file. If we have to ask for permission to see the file, you’re not entered into the contest. (Yes, we’re that lazy.)
- We are recording this concert on Saturday, October 3. (The exact time and location will be revealed to you if you are one of our lucky winners) You will obviously need to be in Kamloops on that day to be in attendance.
- When you are recording your video, please use headphones. We only want to hear you, we already have a recording of us. (Don’t worry about how you’ll be synced up, this will be child’s play after 14 Quarantet videos)
- Don’t be shy! Have fun with this. That’s really the whole point. Entertain us!
- There will be four (4) winners. Each winner will have their performance added to the “karaoke track” video, which will then be posted for all to see. Please don’t enter the contest if you are not okay with this.
- Submission deadline is 11:59 pm on Saturday, September 19. Hard deadline. No ifs, ands, or buts.
- Winners will be notified via e-mail by September 26. Videos of the winners singing “with” us will be posted on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter after the winners have been notified.
- The concert is going to be going up on YouTube on Friday, October 9.